Sunday, May 2, 2010

Week 4 response to Amy B's post

Week 4_Choice

I have worked so hard on this project, especially my Pepsi Refresh Grant. I did not make the first 1,000 entries last month (April). I was crushed, but mainly because I knew it would be another TWO months in knowing the answer to my question - "How much can I change the world?" And, "I can't change it if no one is listening."

I have this dream every so often. I'm in crowded room, and no one is aware that I'm there. I keep bumping into people, then I find a chair. I stand upon that chair and I start to talk about my dream. But no one is still listening. So I shout. I scream at the top of my lungs how important this project is, and how it is designed to change the face of education. How many billions of dollars our country is spending in health care because each generation has been made responsible for the one before it.

I've woke up - THIS is my dream. And people will listen.

http://www.refresheverything.com/how-it-works

http://web.me.com/abarnabi/THIINKFit©_Action_Research/Publishing_%26_Leadership.html

1 COMMENTS:

glstrom said...

That is such an important insight Amy because as anyone who teaches knows, unless you have there attention, nothing gets accomplished. Especially challenging as a 6th grade teacher, but then again it is an age with much enthusiasm and energy if channelled in a creative and flexible manner...looks like you have both things going for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment